The 100% completionists of the world will need the help of a guide if they want to earn all of the achievements in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has a number of hidden and secret achievements/trophies that will be obscured if the player searches for them on the menu. As such, the player will not be given any hints on where to find these achievements without consulting a guide or completing them by accident. The Witcher 3 has multiple endings in the base game and two additional DLCs with their own achievements/trophies to earn. While many of these achievements can be earned by making multiple save files or using the New Game Plus mode. While acquiring The Witcher 3 achievements aren’t too complicated, they are quite time-consuming.
The Witcher 3 is a massive game and many of the quests have different outcomes. As such, it’s possible for the player to be locked out of secret achievements during their initial playthrough, especially as some of them are easy to miss or mess up. This is why Screen Rant has created a helpful guide for the 100% completionists of the world who want to unlock all of the achievements in The Witcher 3, as many people have been brought back to the game due to the TV show. It should be noted that these achievements are not present in the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
Achieving some of these achievement/trophies in The Witcher 3 are peculiar as it requires players to kill certain characters in a particular way or by using a specific weapon. Some of these hidden achievements also depend on players’ choices during the single-player in both the base game and the two DLCs. Other achievements require players to have the skill and master The Witcher 3‘s gameplay mechanics to do certain actions.
Story Achievements in The Witcher 3
These secret achievements are completed at different points in the story and cannot be missed by people who are finishing the main quest.
- A Friend In Need – Find and free Dandelion. This is given when the “A Poet Under Pressure” quest is finished.
- Family Counselor – Find the Baron’s wife and daughter. This is given when the “Family Matters” quest is finished.
- Lilac and Gooseberries – Find Yennefer. This is given when the “Lilac and Gooseberries” quest is finished.
- Kingmaker – Help choose Skellige’s next ruler. This is given when the “Possession”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”The Lord of Undvik”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”King’s Gambit”, and “Coronation” quests are finished.
- Necromancer – Help Yennefer extract information from Skjall’s body. This is given when the “Nameless” quest is finished.
- Something More – Find Ciri. This is given when the “Isle of the Mists” quest is finished.
- The King Is Dead – Defeat Eredin. This is given when the “On Thin Ice” quest is finished.
- Xenonaut – Visit Tir na Lia. This is given when the “Through Time and Space” quest is finished.
Quest Achievements in The Witcher 3
These achievements can be missed by the player.
- Ashes to Ashes – Kill Therazane. This is awarded upon completing “Contract: Doors Slammed Shut”, which is found on the notice board in Hierarch Square.
- Assassin of Kings – Take part in the assassination of King Radovid. This is given when the “Reason of State” quest is finished. The player needs to complete these quests before leaving for the Isle of Mists -“An Eye for an Eye”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”Redania’s Most Wanted”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”A Matter of Life and Death”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”Now or Never”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”A Deadly Plot”, and “Blindingly Obvious”. The player must also choose the first dialogue option each time Geralt speaks when talking to Dijkstra and Philippa in “Blindingly Oblivious” to win this achievement.
- Fearless Vampire Slayer – Kill Sarasti. This is awarded through completing the “The Mystery of the Byways Murders” quest. The player can get to this quest through “Contract: Missing Soldiers” on the notice board in Oreton.
- Fiend or Foe? – Kill Morvudd. This is awarded upon completing “Contract: Missing Son”, which can be found in Rannvaig.
- Friends With Benefits – Complete Keira Metz’s questline. The player wins this after completing “An Invitation from Kiera Metz”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”A Towerful of Mice”https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-secret-achievements-trophies-guide/,”A Favor for a Friend”, and “For the Advancement of Learning”.
- Full Crew – Have every possible ally on hand for the battle at Kaer Morhen. Geralt needs to make sure that he sends Keira to Kaer Morhen, he needs to complete ” An Eye for an Eye” to bring Vernon Roche and Ves, he needs to ask Zoltan Chivay for help after meeting him in the Rosemary & Thyme inn, he needs to complete “Now or Never” and help the mages escape Novigrad to win Triss, the ruler of Skellige will pledge their help upon finishing their quests, and the player needs to find Ermion in Gedyneith in Ard Skellig to ask for his help.
- Shrieker – Kill the Shrieker. The contract for this quest can be found in Crow’s Perch in Velen.
- The Doppler Effect – Deal with the doppelganger. This is awarded upon completing “Contract: An Elusive Thief”, which is started after “Contract: Imp”. The player can find “Contract: Imp” on the notice board in Hierarch Square.
- Triple Threat – Kill three different opponents with three different methods in one battle (i.e. different weapon types and spells).
- What Was That? – In four seconds, the player needs to attack, counter, cast a sign, and use a bomb.
- Woodland Spirit – Kill the woodland spirit. The player is awarded this after completing the “In the Heart of the Woods” quest and siding with Sven. The quest is found in Fayrlund.
DLC Achievements in The Witcher 3
These can only be completed in the Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone DLC expansions.
Blood and Wine
- David and Golyat – Kill Golyat with a crossbow bolt to the eye. This can be earned during “The Beast of Toussaint” quest.
- Hasta La Vista – Kill a frozen opponent with a crossbow. To do this, hit an enemy with a Northern Wind bomb when it’s at low health then kill it with a crossbow.
- The Grapes of Wrath Stomped – Unite the two warring vineyards and have a wine named after Geralt. The player needs to start “Wine Wars: Belgaard” (started at the Cockatrice Inn notice board). Geralt will be given two quests (“Wine Wars: Coronata” and “Wine Wars: Vermentino”). Start Vermentino and reach the point where Geralt kills the Archespores and reads the letter. Start Coronata and keep going until Geralt reads a letter. This starts a quest called “Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina” which should be completed instead of the other two. Once this is finished, speak to the original quest givers to receive “Wine Wars: Consorting”. Once this quest is finished, speak to the original quest givers to receive “Wine Wars: Belgraad”. Finish this quest, meditate for three days, then visit the couple at their new home to unlock the achievement.
- Last Action Hero – Players need to be awarded the Vitis Vinifera medal, which can be obtained by completing one of the final quests, “Pump and Strange Circumstance,” in Blood & Wine. Players can complete this quest by killing Dettlaff and preventing Syanna from dying.
- Turned Every Stone – Players must find all of the grandmasters’ schematics from all of the Witcher schools. This includes finding schematics from wolven, griffin, ursine, and manticore school.
- A Knight to Remember – Players need to achieve a perfect score in every competition during the tourney in The Witcher 3. The tourney is part of the “The Warble of a Smitten Knight” side quest. Geralt will have to pass four competitions with flying colors that include a horse race, a large battle, an archery competition, and a duel with the champion.
- Curator of Nightmares – Recreate all of Iris’ nightmares in the Painted World. Geralt needs to recreate seven memories in order to proceed, but there is an eighth memory that the player can miss, which is the gazebo near the entrance to the Painted World.
- I’m Not Kissing That – Kill the cursed prince. This is given when the “Evil’s Soft First Touches” quest is finished.
- Let the Good Times Roll! – Complete all of the activities at the wedding. The player needs to dance in front of the stage, talk to the woman near the hog pen, have a drink & play gwent with the dwarves, interact with the pillows in the hayloft, talk to the woman near the barn’s ladder, have a drink with the women near the initial gate entrance, search for the dog and the fire swallower, and participate in the hog herding contest and “Slip in for a Slipper”.
- Moo-rderer – Kill twenty cows using the steel sword.
- Pacta Sunt Servanda – Complete the Hearts of Stone expansion.
- Rad Steez Bro! – Slide uninterrupted for at least ten seconds.
- Shopaholic – Buy all the items Borsodis’ Auction House. The player can earn this during the “Open Sesame!” quest.
- When It’s Many Against One – Fight all of the Iris von Everec spirits at once. To do this, the player needs to provoke all of the spirits during the “Scenes From A Marriage” quest.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is available now for Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus’ Ride Mechanic Is Already Better Than Bikes
About The Author