Xbox has collaborated with OPI for the launch of gaming nail polishes, which will unlock in-game content for Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5.
An official Xbox and OPI collaboration will allow fans to get their hands on in-game content for Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 by purchasing licensed nail polishes. Xbox has partnered with a number of big and perhaps unexpected brands over the past few months, mostly to market its latest big release, with a Halo Infinite collaboration with Waze GPS navigation app, as well as Rockstar Energy.
The end of 2021 proved to be a great time for Xbox fans thanks to the November launch of immersive racing sim Forza Horizon 5, which was followed by the launch of the free-to-play Halo Infinite multiplayer and, finally, its paid campaign. Both Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 saw their interest bolstered by their inclusion as part of the Xbox Game Pass subscription service, with the two games each being day one releases. This was a boon for new players, as it meant that those who’d yet to experience any previous games in the two series could test out the newest titles within their subscription cost, though outside of Xbox, Halo Infinite still broke records on Steam.
Xbox and nail polish brand OPI’s new gaming collection is now available at ULTA, and purchasing the polishes will unlock in-game content for Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite. Detailing the news on the Xbox blog, the company has confirmed the OPI x Xbox collection includes “12 hues that bring to life the virtual worlds of Xbox Game Pass titles and popular gaming phrases.” The blog also confirms that purchasing the shades will “unlock special in-game content for both Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5,” with the content appearing to be a purple glittery Halo suit, and an orange-pink gradient car skin for Forza. The content can be unlocked from February 1, with the OPI x Xbox collection available at global retailers from the same date. The full list of colors is as follows:
- Quest for Quartz: A shimmery rose quartz that will put you in the winner circle.
- Pixel Dust: A shimmery mauve pink that will pixelate your world.
- Racing for Pinks: A crème rose that will rev your engine.
- Suzi is My Avatar: A creamy pink-nude that will give you virtual power.
- Trading Paint: A crème apricot you’ll race to the finish for.
- Heart and Con-soul: A shimmery crimson red that takes nails to the next level.
- The Pass is Always Greener: Meet your matcha with this creamy pastel green.
- Sage Simulation: Get lost in a shimmery sage green simulation.
- You Had Me at Halo: A shimmery galactic blue that will give you sparkly stats.
- Can’t CTRL Me: A shimmery robin’s egg blue that cannot be CTRL’d.
- Achievement Unlocked: Unlock a world of color that’s lilac optimized.
- N00berry: Berry boost your nails with this deep crème purple.
Fans can make their own car designs in Forza Horizon 5, which could mean that similar liveries to the OPI x Xbox nail polish skin might soon be available to all players, but something similar won’t be available for Halo Infinite. With the bright purple and glittery look of the skin, it’s very possible it will become one of the most highly sought-after cosmetics for the game, which could make the nail polishes harder to acquire. With stock shortages seen throughout gaming, it’s possible the nail polishes could become a hot commodity for scalpers.
Xbox’s latest big brand collaboration should be a hit with gamers and non-gamers alike. Thanks to the variation of the OPI nail polish colors on offer, there’s likely to be fans of the beauty community looking to acquire the polishes even without necessarily being fans of the games. OPI collections can quickly sell out, and those looking to get their hands on the next special Halo Infinite skin or Forza Horizon 5 cosmetic should act fast to avoid disappointment.
Marvel’s Avengers Leak Hints Yelena, Iron Heart Or Shuri Coming Soon
About The Author